Overnight Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-3/4 to 6-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- CINNAMON FILLING:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup softened butter, divided
For Cream Cheese Frosting, mix all ingredients together until creamy and fluffy.
|8 ounces||cream cheese (room temperature)|
|8 tablespoons||unsalted butter (cut into pieces, room temperature)|
|1 cup||confectioners’ sugar|
|1 teaspoon||pure vanilla extract|
Cinnamon Roll Directions
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine eggs one at a time, butter, sugar, salt, yeast mixture and 3 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a very soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Turn dough onto a floured surface; divide dough in half. Roll one portion into an 18×12-in. rectangle. Spread with 1/4 cup butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle evenly with half of the brown sugar mixture.
- 3. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place in a greased 13×9-in. baking pan, cut side down. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- 4. Cover the greased 13X9 baking pan and put in the fridge to chill overnight.
- In the morning, Preheat oven to 375°, But place the uncovered cinnamon rolls on top of the stove to warm and rise.
- 5. Once risen well, Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread frosting over warm rolls.
I have a gas oven, not an electric oven so I am not sure how rising the rolls will be with an electric oven. If you want, preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and then turn it off. Place the rolls in to rise. Once they have risen, take them out and preheat to 375.